Friday, October 7, 2011

Goals | October

My WORD, time passes way too quickly, these days. I suddenly realized that it's October and already time for another month of different goals to achieve. To be honest, that overwhelmed me a bit. I feel like I've been letting myself down, a bit, with what I'm NOT achieving....which I realize is the wrong perspective to have. It's so much better to look at what IS accomplished and be proud of that, but since we're all our own biggest critics, I have a feeling the rest of you probably identify with being more prone to look at your "failures".

Nevertheless, silly as it may sound, I'm proud of myself for continuing to even have and set goals, in spite of occasional discouragement or lack of accomplishment. Sometimes the most important thing is to just keep trying, no matter how imperfect the results. So, with that said, lets look back on September!

PERSONAL GOALS
  • Work on journaling more often following Bible-reading/prayer
  • Work out 3-4 times per week (I've really failed at this, this month. I've been so unmotivated, and while I've hit 3 times a week for a couple of the weeks...the others have been more like 2 times. Gonna try to get good and motivated again!)
  • Order a wedding photo on canvas with my Groupon!
  • Work on 1 or 2 other small decorative things for the apartment (I ordered two MORE canvases & have begun the brainstorming process for a shadow box project...)
  • Have girl time with at least 4 different friends in person
  • Call or hand-write at least 3 far-away girlfriends/family members
  • Make more progress catching-up on personal photo editing & uploading
  • Cook/bake at least 2 new recipes (I did this, this & this!)
  • Finish last month's book & start another (Finally finished The Scarlet Pimpernel & am now reading and almost done with Phantom of the Opera :)
  • Start a temporary, part-time job!
BUSINESS GOALS
  • Make detailed weekly to-do lists
  • Total the rest of the receipts/costs from May - August
  • Add mileage for both cars from August
  • Blog at least 2 times a week (still/always trying this!)
  • Submit 2 shoots to blogs
  • Shoot 2 weddings
  • Design 1 Wedding Album & 1 Portrait Album
  • Create "ideal client" profile
  • Open business savings account
As you can tell, my main dissatisfaction comes with how few of my business goals I've been getting done....But alas! Now for October:

PERSONAL GOALS
  • Work on journaling more often following Bible-reading/prayer
  • Work out 3-4 times per week
  • Put together shadow box with wedding materials
  • Hang canvas prints
  • Have girl time with at least 4 different friends in person
  • Call or hand-write at least 3 far-away girlfriends/family members
  • Cook/bake at least 2 new recipes
  • Finish last month's book & start another, in a different genre
  • Show my parents around Richmond/DC! (They're visiting later this month! :D)
BUSINESS GOALS
  • Make detailed weekly to-do lists
  • Total the rest of the receipts/costs from May - August - FOR REAL
  • Add mileage for both cars from August - FOR REAL
  • Blog at least 2 times a week
  • Submit 2 shoots to blogs
  • Shoot 2 weddings
  • Design 1 Wedding Album - FOR REAL
  • Create "ideal client" profile
  • Open business savings account - FOR REAL
  • Begin working on new website & blog with designer!
  • Don't get discouraged and keep making goals!
So, as you can see a lot of my business goals are the same...but this month, I mean it! I really, really want and need to get those things done. And most importantly, I want to not be discouraged even when months go by and I don't meet as many of my goals as I'd like. Progress is progress is progress, no matter how much or little!

Stay encouraged, friends! This year is coming to a close sooo quickly, so finish strong! :)

And in parting, I leave you with a few shots from Tuesday night at the Virginia State Fair with Aaron, Lydia, Paul & Lily!

SF_0001

SF_0003

SF_0004

SF_0007

SF_0006

SF_0010


No comments:

Post a Comment