Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Goals | September

Man. I clearly don't have a great track record, lately, with posting my monthly goals in any kind of a timely fashion. (If I'm being honest, I almost forgot about them entirely for this month!) But I still live by "better late than never" and hope you'll all continue to bear with me!

Lets take a look at last month:

PERSONAL GOALS
  • Work out 3-4 times per week (didn't quite hit it this month...)
  • Brainstorm another for-the-apartment decorative project & plan for accomplishing it (made a little cute/decorative earring holder to show off some of my favorites that match the bedroom colors :)
  • Have girl time with at least 4 different friends in person
  • Call or hand-write at least 2 far-away girlfriends/family members
  • Make more progress catching-up on personal photo editing & uploading
  • Shoot just for fun at least 3 times
  • Finish last month's book & start another (finally finished The Scarlet Pimpernel....started A Swiftly Tilting Planet)
  • Visit the in-laws in Florida!
  • Buy a new swim suit, but on clearance
  • Prepare and pack for a week-long vacation in Mexico with Aaron! (woohoo! see photo below...)
BUSINESS GOALS
  • Make detailed weekly to-do lists
  • Total the rest of the receipts/costs from May - July
  • Finish adding mileage for both cars from June - July
  • Blog at least 2 times a week (still/always trying this!)
  • Buy Photoshop & Office for the new laptop
  • Edit 2 weddings (got one done, still working on the 2nd... :-/)
  • Shoot 3 portrait sessions
  • Get the 2nd half of my portrait shoot done by Becka!
  • Create "ideal client" profile
  • Create website inspiration board
  • Open business savings account
All in all, not a bad month! There are always plenty of things to work on, but I'm grateful that this continues to give me a way to track my progress and see what I've accomplished each month. Here's what I'm aiming for in (what remains of) September:

PERSONAL GOALS
  • Work on journaling more often following Bible-reading/prayer
  • Work out 3-4 times per week
  • Order a wedding photo on canvas with my Groupon!
  • Work on 1 or 2 other small decorative things for the apartment
  • Have girl time with at least 4 different friends in person
  • Call or hand-write at least 3 far-away girlfriends/family members
  • Make more progress catching-up on personal photo editing & uploading
  • Cook/bake at least 2 new recipes
  • Finish last month's book & start another
  • Start a temporary, part-time job!
BUSINESS GOALS
  • Make detailed weekly to-do lists
  • Total the rest of the receipts/costs from May - August
  • Add mileage for both cars from August
  • Blog at least 2 times a week (still/always trying this!)
  • Submit 2 shoots to blogs
  • Shoot 2 weddings
  • Design 1 Wedding Album & 1 Portrait Album
  • Create "ideal client" profile
  • Open business savings account
So, we'll see what I can get done before this month slips away! But before I scurry off to get back to being productive, I'll leave you with a little sneak peek of our lovvvvely stay in Mexico....

Mexico_0001

No comments:

Post a Comment