Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weddings | The Dilemma of Indecision

I'm quite possibly in the world's top percentage of indecisive people. Making swift decisions has always been tough for me, and the narrowing-down process can be brutal, stressful, and time consuming. At least when it comes to artistic endeavors that will result in a finalized finished product that will be archived for years and years to come. Like, for instance, scrapbooks. I love scrapbooking and used to spend a good deal of time putting together creative, artistic, sentimental scrapbooks, especially for 4-H (for which I took home the Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion titles several times). Yes, I know, it was just 4-H. But that was often the highlight of my summer and winning at something that I put painstaking time, effort and stressful decision-making into was rather gratifying. My dad still jokes about the many hours that I would just sit at the kitchen table with my scrapbook stuff strewn about, a mock layout all set-up....and just stare at it all, trying to decide if I liked it enough to start permanently sticking things to the page. Permanently, people! Talk about pressure! Once those photos were cropped and matted, there was no going back...

Well, oddly enough I've found myself in that same sort of situation as I've been trying to narrow down the photos to put together for a Studio Sample wedding album to show to clients. My wonderful friend and album designer, Janet, has been ever sooo patient (and even good-naturedly encouraging) through this drawn-out process, but even so, it's crunch time. I need to just pick some and know that, in the end, there's no right or wrong. And all of the photos that I can't fit into the album can always be put on my much-needed-to-be-updated website. So what's the big deal, right? It's just all of this self-made pressure that tells me I have to pick the perfect photos...the best of the best...or this sample album won't be all that it can be. But, you know what? When you work with as many good-looking couples as I do, I think I've decided that you just can't go wrong. So, I just thought I'd share a few of my favorite photos...that I've been staring at over and over for the past week...as I hit the final stage of making these tough decisions. And to my dear brides and grooms...thanks for being gorgeous enough to make this process so tough for me. You're all fabulous. :)

B&A_0022

J&A_0021

09.11.09_TB_0012

B&A_0016

J&K_0016

T&A_0001

PreCeremony_0047

B&A_0020

J&A_0001

B&A_0035

B&A_0025

J&S (40)

J&A_0036

J&K_0040

J&K_0032

J&S (31)

J&S_0001

A&J_0002

PreCeremony_0004

Dress&Shoes_0001

J&K_0012

J&K_0026

J&S (21)

10.09.10_TB_0312

J&S (19)

Groomsmen_0001

K&A_0026

K&A_0023

Couples_0001

K&A_0036

PostCeremony_0174

Details_0001

S&M_0056

J&A_0025

PreCeremony_0153

So! Wish me luck as I make my final decisions between all of these and even more favorites... :P




2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! No wonder you're having such a hard time deciding! These are all SOOOOO wonderful... and I know there are many, many more to choose from. But I know you'll do a great job choosing... and then updating your website... and I can't wait to see it all!

    ReplyDelete