Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2009: A Recap in Children & Families


There's nothing quite like chasing kids around. Laughing with them, playing with them, talking to them, and getting truly special images with them barely realizing they're even being photographed. The candid moments with children are my favorite, and the ones that I think make the most captivating images, and therefore the ones I always strive to achieve.

Hanging out with the adorable and amazing Lucy & her family was one such example. She didn't stop to pose - she really wasn't interested in that approach at all. But instead she ran, she played, she laughed, paying no attention to the camera. But if you ask me, the results were nothing short of magical. This is why I love photographing kids in their element.





Family shoots as a whole are unique portrait experiences, and I truly love watching the kids and parents interact. It never fails to make for beautiful moments captured by the camera.

Meet my very dear friend Sarah & her beautiful children Grace, Emma & Gabriel. We did this shoot as a Christmas gift for her husband, and it was one of my favorites from last year.









Here's to family, photographs, and fun!

This concludes the 2009 recaps, so stayed tuned for highlights of current & upcoming projects plus random tidbits of photos & life. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment